You read that right! Get in the gym for 1 hour a day, 7 days a week and you are all set! Uh yeah right but good one! Seriously though, who has time for that? Not me!
No, there is a much easier way to lose weight, tone up, and not spend 7 hours a week working out. But by all means, if that is more your style then go for it. But if you need a workout that seriously burns fat, tones you up, leaves you burning fat after exercising, and can be done in 25 minutes or less then keep reading!
Is this you?
- Do you feel you are doing everything right and still struggling to lose weight?
- You have lost weight but now your weight loss has stalled?
- You are eating right, exercising, but just not seeing the results you desire?
I don’t just tell you stuff because I am a nerdy Nutritionist and study it all the time, well that is part of it, BUT because I have tons of experience with it! I will always share with you both sides, the science side and the real life personal experience side. I can tell you after 3 kids, pushing 40, and tons of results from clients that this type of exercise is legit!
Ok, you have my attention now what is it?
High Intensity Interval Training better known as HIIT. Maybe you have heard of it and wonder what all the buzz is? I can tell you it doesn’t require hours in the gym or on the ole hamster wheel. You can do it from ANYWHERE and you don’t even have to have equipment! This is my personal favorite way to stay in shape!
So What Exactly is HIIT
HIIT it is a combination of brief, very-high intensity bursts of cardio exercise followed by equal or longer periods of rest, and then you repeat the cycle. HIIT workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition as well as improved glucose metabolism. This type of training gets and keeps your heart rate up and burns more fat in less time. “A high intensity workout increases the body’s need for oxygen during the effort and creates an oxygen shortage, causing your body to ask for more oxygen during recovery.”
You can accomplish an amazing workout, get seriously toned, and shed some body fat by working out this way.
I know because this is exactly how I lost the baby weight all 3 times (110lbs total) and how I stay fit. You can also accomplish this in 20–25 minutes which means it is easier to fit in time to exercise. If every time I exercised I need an hour it wouldn’t happen very often.
You need a type of exercise that you can get done quick, do from anywhere, and see results!
Benefits of HIIT Training
- Muscle tone/definition
- Cellulite reducer
- Less time required – quick and effective
- Shred fat
- Rev metabolism
- Burn calories even after the workout is complete
- Easy to do anywhere
Sounds pretty good huh?
What Do These Work-outs Look Like?
You can do HIIT training with weights, body weight, walking/running, spin class, treadmill, or workout bands. You can do it anywhere, from your living room, backyard, local trail, or wherever you may be!
Here are a few examples. Remember to always stretch before and after your workout.
- Running – using the timer on your phone start off walking for 3 minutes, run as hard as you can for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds, then repeat the run/walk cycle. Aim for 20 -25 minutes! Exercising isn’t all about how long you exercise but how you exercise.
- Strength Training – grab you some dumbbells. You want anywhere from 8 – 15lbs depending on your strength. You don’t want it to be too light or too heavy. Do 15 reps of squats (keeping your weight in your heels), 15 curtsy lunges, 15 arm curls (squeeze tight, elbows in), 25 sit ups, rest for 30 seconds, and then repeat 4-5 times!
- Stairs – Have stairs at your office? put on some athletic shoes and run stairs! Run 2 flights of stairs, walk 1 flight doing lunges as you go up, and then repeat! Do this for 15 – 20 minutes!
- Peloton app has some amazing HIIT workouts that can be done from anywhere whether it is on your floor or running.
- Combo – My favorite way to work out and what I typically do is a combo of the above. I either do HIIT running & HIIT strength training or use my Bowflex Max 7 Trainer (HIIT workout machine) along with HIIT strength training. This way really helps with muscle definition. No, not bulking up, just really toned. If you have time or just feel like working more this is a killer workout and only takes about 15 more minutes!
I recommend 4-5 times a week which is only around 90 minutes a week! You can do that! I personally average 4 times a week unless I need a little more toning. Do not hard on yourself if you do not reach that goal. As long as you are eating properly then you do not have to be hard on yourself with your workout routine. Abs are truly made in the kitchen!
You can work out all you want BUT if you are not eating for right and for your body type then you will struggle reaching and maintaining your goal weight and physique.
Ready to be in your best shape?
If you are ready to take all of the guessing out and finally invest in yourself then schedule a Free Discovery Session with me today—and you will no doubt reach all of your health & fitness goals!